In some exciting company news, Solidus recently added a senior executive and several other top professionals to bolster its operational, sales, and construction teams.
Brian Flemming, former CEO and owner of Big Street Construction, Inc (of Fairbanks, Alaska), will become the chief operating officer at Solidus on July 1. Flemming’s management success earned Big Street a place on the Inc. 500; the most prestigious ranking of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Inc. 500 honorees have included Intuit, Zappos, Microsoft, Dell, Pandora and Patagonia among other well-known companies that first gained national exposure on the list.
Flemming brings more than 20 years’ experience in business ownership and management to Solidus. A graduate of Colorado State University and a licensed general contractor in Alaska for over 15 years, Flemming is an avid adventurer and global traveler, having completed ultra-marathons around the world. He now resides in West Hartford, Conn., with his wife of 18 years and their three children.
“Brian Flemming is uniquely qualified to drive our company’s strategic leadership, business development and operational excellence,” said Mark Charette, CEO of Solidus. “He will help align our company investments and ensure ongoing operational excellence.”
The following team members were all newly hired over the past few months to a year:
- Alan DeToma, a resident of Medway, Mass. is an executive vice president of sales. Alan has worked almost 35 years in the industry, most recently for PW Campbell.
- Jackie Nelson, a Middletown, Conn. resident, is a branding designer. She has developed creative and commercial concepts for brands for over a decade.
- Conrad Delisio, a resident of Kensington, NH is a site superintendent. He was a commercial general contractor for over 30 years working on high-end residential and commercial projects.
- Mark Kupiec, who lives in Brimfield, Mass., is a site superintendent and has functioned in that role for almost 30 years. Born into a family business, he has worked in construction all his life.
- Amjad Almidani, who lives in West Haven, Conn. is a project manager currently earning a Master’s Degree in Construction Management.
- Nicole Dunn, whose home is in Simsbury, Conn. is a construction administrator who works with every Solidus department on issues with critical deadlines.
“These new professionals will expand Solidus’ capabilities and bring our clients even more value and insight,” Charette said. “We’re ready to meet any new challenges affecting workplace and retail design, and Solidus clients can be assured of leading-edge service and innovation.”